How To Install Resurrection ICS Remix ROM On Your SGS2

Posted by Ada S. On Saturday, February 11, 2012 5 comments


Sorry for the late post on this guys :) Got caught up with work. As you may know by now, Westcrip's Resurrection ICS Remix ROM v9.0 Ultimate is the most functional ICS ROM to date. Phew. That was long. Anyway, here it is - how to install the Resurrection ROM on your SGS2.


Just a few reminders:
  • You must have a rooted phone.
  • You must have a recovery image (Clockworkmod Recovery)
  • Backup your current ROM using CWM (if on CF Root or comes pre-installed with your custom ROM) or directly via Clockworkmod Recovery before installation
  • Backup all user apps + data using Titanium Backup before installation
  • I am not personally responsible for bricking your phone.
How To Install Resurrection ICS ROM On Your SGS2
  1. Download the following: Resurrection ICS Remix ROM v9.0 | Gapps For Remix | Gapps Fixer | XXLPB CF-Root Kernel (Optional)
  2. Transfer downloaded .zip files to /sdcard
  3. Go to recovery mode (volume up + home button + power button)
  4. Select wipe data/factory reset
  5. Select mounts and storage > wipe system and go back
  6. Select install zip from card > choose zip from sd card ResurrectionV9.0_remix-ics_4.0.3_XXLPB_FULL-WİPE.zip and confirm.
  7. After install, repeat step 6 but select gapps_for_remix_v9.0.zip and confirm.
  8. After install, repeat step 6 but select gapps_fixer.zip
  9. Reboot system now. You now have Westcrip's Resurrection ICS ROM installed in your phone :)
As soon as your phone reboots, you will be asked to input data in Dansk. Honestly, I don't know how I got past that stage. I just kept clicking and clicking without understanding a single thing lol. But as as soon as Google prompts you to change the language, select your language of choice and you'll be safe from there.

To the guy who begged for this review, I'll appreciate it if you click of all my ads every single time you visit my blog. Haha. This is just a hobby blog but earning from it is much better :D

5 comments:

  1. we miss ur rom reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the guide. Just a question, the instructions over at xda advised doing the step 'Fix permission'.. how is this done??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: I miss doing ROM reviews too :( I have no time to look for ROMs anymore so I think I'll be setting up a page where you can guys post links to ROMs you want me to test :)

    @JD: Thank you for dropping by! Go to Clockworkmod Recovery and select the following:

    Advanced > Fix permissions. And that's it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, i want to flash ics custom rom for my gs2. Do you have suggestion for me which is the most stable, lightweight, good battery life rom? I kinda interested in [Rom][AOKP][PRO][12/04]Resurrection Remix ics v1.3[4.0.4]. Is it ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the latest Resurrection Remix but.. the last version I tried was awesome. Battery life was just average though.

    I suggest you go for Sensation ROM by Crysis21 if you want a closer-to-Sammy experience. I will make a review of it today (I think, or maybe later this week). GREAT battery life and the notifications drawer/status bar/lockscreen are themed beautifully. Icons are also different. I think they were copied from HTC Sense. I can't tell because I never owned an HTC phone. Still has the WiFi bug common in all ICS ROMs. It initially comes with Samsung apps but there's a flashable .zip available that can remove them.

    If you want an AOKP/CM9 experience with full-tweaking I recommend Hydrogenics. http://shetalksandroid.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-hydrog3nics-ics-rom-for-sgs2.html :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Looking for something?