Problem After Rooting Leaked ICS Firmware XXLP2 With CF Root

Posted by Ada S. On Monday, January 16, 2012 No comments
After installing XXLP2 on my SGS2 and rooting it with CF Root (click here for guide on installing and rooting XXLP2), I decided to switch back to my original XWKK2 firmware. I went to recovery mode, wiped data, cache, dalvik cache, and battery stats. When I selected restore, it said:
SD card won't mount
But when I check my backups using the CWM app while my phone is turned on, they are there! Since my phone is powered up again, I decided to restore using CWM. I clicked the backup ROM I wanted to restore and my phone rebooted to recovery mode to continue the process. It said:
Restore complete!
But my phone was stuck on boot image after reboot. Apparently, the restore wasn't successful since that happened. I went back to recovery mode again but still couldn't see the backups I had. So I decided to turn to ODIN as a last resort.


ODIN is your best friend in cases like these.


Using ODIN, I flashed XWKK2 on my phone and rooted it by installing CF Root (also via ODIN). When my phone powered up, I was surprised to see my old ROM - just like the way it was before flashing XXLP2, a leaked alpha version of ICS for SGS2.


I don't know what happened exactly but I'm glad I was able to restore my previous ROM.


But... can anyone of you explain what really happened? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Looking for something?