If You Have A Problem With Me Being A Girl

Posted by Ada S. On Saturday, March 31, 2012 10 comments


Look, if you have a problem with me being a girl, then get the hell out of my blog.


Someone who goes by the name  sent me tweet with an attached meme.








Call me crazy, but if you carefully read the meme - it looks like it's out to get me. I don't know if this is an existing meme, or if it was made to attack me because the girl in that meme also has an SGS2, reads XDA threads, and enjoys flashing original and custom ROMs. Sounds familiar? When he made this tweet, he had 6 total tweets, 0 followers, and 0 followed.


Here's what I have to say to you... whoever you are.


There are several reasons why I made this blog. Yes, I make a great deal of my gender. Why? Because not many women (like me) are into the stuff that I usually like - and my love for Android is just one of them. However, I didn't make this blog to brag about what I know about Android. Hell, I can't even flash a ROM using Mobile ODIN without f*cking up my phone. There are a couple of reasons why I made this blog. And bragging about my gender is not one of them.


It opens me to a community of Android users.


From where I'm from, most people usually have feature phones on them. And if ever I encounter people using an Android - they either know as much as I do, or don't. I want to be able to talk to others - those who need help, and those who know better than me. And this blog is my golden ticket to that community. When I need help, they're there. And when they need help, I am there. Simple as that.


It helps me land jobs.


I work as a freelance online writer. I own two blogs - this one, and Daydreamer's Travels. I update this blog more often but I keep the other one around. These two blogs help me land jobs whenever I need one.


I like making friends.


By nature, I am a friendly person. I enjoy talking to people from around the world. I've made some friends using my @shetalksandroid Twitter account, some I've made using my @adathedaydreamr account which is associated with my dream destinations blog. I'm not gonna mention names and they may not feel the same way about me. But to me, they are friends. And that's all that matters.


I wanna help people.


It would be useless if I just blogged about nonsense stuff that people won't find useful right? One of the reasons why I blog is because I wanna help people - especially those who are unfamiliar to what I already know. I've received  many thanks but I also give due credit to people I learn things from.


So, am I proud to be a geek girl? Of course I am. But that is not who I am entirely as a person. I'm a single mom who raises my two kids alone - financially and emotionally. That, I am also proud of. I enjoy playing L4D, reading Walking Dead comics, and Final Fantasy 7 just as much as I enjoy shopping our going out for the night to party it out. I also enjoy making sketches. See? Cool huh? Made that using Sketchbook Mobile on my phone. 






Oh, and just like any woman I'm hormonal - which explains why I wrote this blog which you thought was going on forever. And in case you haven't figured it out by now, I enjoy writing most :-)


So look. If you have a problem with me being a girl, or hate my blog - why waste my time hating me or this blog? Move on and find other things to do. This world has so much to offer. And wasting time on things you hate won't do you any good.

10 comments:

  1. Mindless numpty. Forget about it, ya do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete :-) Hehe. Always there to cheer me up. Yeah whoever he/she, not worth stressing on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mrbean: I'm sorry for the late reply. I completely agree with you. I actually realized your point after posting this blog. I mean. Men can brag about their gender and we women can't? Sounds like double standards to me. He actually judges me for the tagline I use in my blog -- the "bow down geeks an android goddess is in your midst" part. but lol. really i just wanted to sound like the WoW female characters on DoTA. Just a catchprase :) Didn't explain that to him because he didn't deserve my explanation. No one as rude as him does.

    Thank you so much whoever you are :) I really appreciate your kind words. God Bless too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, interesting post this one. it was not about Android, but it catched my attention. At the end, don't let such things affect you, you are a great writter and a nice person. The world is full of people who don't understand and always are looking the downside or trolling. Keep the good work. I will try to follow you and thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @chendo: added you on gtalk mate :-) so sorry for the late response. it was a busy week for me. yeah. at first i was pissed but now i'm okay with it. doesn't bother me much. it's sort of a price we have to pay when blogging. we can't please everyone but that shouldn't worry us because no one's pushing them to like what we're doing anyway. THANKS SO MUCH for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say your blog is amazing, this country needs more people like you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Christo: Thank you :-) Sorry for the late reply your comment went to the spam box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sad person who made them remarks about your gender needs to get a life we live in a world that everyone is equal so what your a woman that don't mean you have no opinion and don't know anything i bet you probably know a hell of alot more than the writer of that stupid comment, i think you do excellent blogs and very helpful ones at that, keep it up and pay no attention to haters they only hate cus they know f$$k All and Ada your a stunning writer always very interesting things you post about well done girl you do what you want keep up the good articals and please add me on facebook or google+ (scouseok) please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have learned well after this guy trolled me :) It's a price that I think all bloggers have to face. Being hated on for no reason haha. Thank you for your compliments and support scouseok! I truly appreciate them. And yeah, screw the haters. They have nothing to do better that's why.

    Oh I don't give out my Facebook. Maybe I will set up a Google+ account for [S]he Talks Android next month :) You can always follow me on Twitter @shetalksandroid that is where I interact with my users. I'm also on Instagram and Streamzoo. Same username :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Scousek: I interact with my *readers* not users lol. Typo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Looking for something?