How To Root UHLPE For SGS2

Posted by Ada S. On Friday, March 30, 2012 4 comments


There is no official CF Root for UHLPE. However, you can still root it using the proper root for XXLPQ.



Before you root your SGS2, be reminded: Rooting UHLPE will increase your flash counter and break its warranty. But with Chainfire's Triangle Away, you can reset flash counter to zero :-) It's incredibly easy and no need for a USB Jig. It works for DXLP7 or any ICS-based ROM.


How To Root UHLPE On Your SGS2
  1. Download XXLPQ Proper CF Root
  2. Unzip the downloaded file. You should see a .tar file.
  3. Launch ODIN on your computer and select PDA. Select the .tar file you unzipped. (File name: CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5). Again, don't click anything else on ODIN.
  4. Turn off your phone. 
  5. Switch your phone to download mode by pressing Volume down + Power button + Menu. When prompted, press Volume up to confirm.
  6. Connect your SGS2 to your computer using a USB cable. The message "Added" should appear on ODIN and this small box on the upper left must turn yellow. 
  7. On ODIN, click Start and wait for it to finish. 
  8. Once ODIN is done flashing, the green box on the upper left will turn green and say "PASS".
  9. You now have a rooted SGS2 on UHLPE ICS :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have a few questions:
    1. When I press Volume down + Power button nothin happens but when I press Volume down + Power button + Home I can see the menu for odin then when I press Volum up show me the next screen:

    [screen]
    Odin Mode
    Product Name GT-9100
    Custom Binary Download: No
    Current Binary: Samsung Official

    Downloading...
    Don not turn off target!!
    [/screen]

    then I conect the usb cable to the computer but Odin seems like don't reconize the phone. I have the latest drivers provided by Kies

    Do you have any idea why I can't root??
    I try other methods but neater...

    let me know if you find something...

    tks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Paul: That is the downloading mode! Thank you for spotting the typographical error I made! :) I'm SOOOO SORRY FOR THE MONTHS-OLD REPLY. Your comment went to my spam box and I didn't check until now. I'M SO SORRY :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i´ve an issue after rooting my phone, all works fine, but in google play the ICS apps said "app not compatible with your i9100". Any a ideas how to fix this?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fossxp: Hi I'm sorry for the late reply I've been busy these past two weeks :) Try going to Settings > Manage Apps > All and then look for Google Play. Clear data and cache from there. Hopefully, this will fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Looking for something?